Monday, February 4, 2008

choice

Today, like everyday, each person faces a set of decisions that will define what kind of person he or she will be. Today, like everyday, each person realizes his or her beliefs and what she or he stands for. Today, like everyday, each person has a choice, and it is a choice that each individual should make in their own hearts. That choice will determine the tomorrow that will be shared by all. Vote.

On Peoples' Minds:
"I haven't felt this way since I was a child and saw Martin Luther King, Jr. speak. I was eight and I thought America was the best country in the world because we had leaders who believed that we as people could do great things for each other, our communities and our world. I loved America and was proud to be a member of such a great country constituted by such great citizenry." S., a 48 year old female.

"It never ocurred to me to vote, I'm not even registered. I never thought of politicians as interesting or amazing. It all just seemed irrelevant somehow, like far away from me and not about anything. Maybe I'm cynical or disappointed but I've never known anything else so my apathy seems kind of normative . . . and typical. My whole life leaders have been people who let you down." C., a 24 year old female.

In The News:
We are at an environmental choice point. We are at an economic choice point. At such moments we have to say yes to our values and our beliefs, and carry the conviction that as bad as things seem there is still hope.
Tomorrow 24 states are holding primaries. Count yourself among the people who will make leaders out of our politicians.

No comments: